Talking Skincare! (ft. the Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil)
Our skin is our largest organ & we only have one so why not take care of it, right?? I definitely don't consider myself to know it all about skincare & I actually just started a routine about 2 years ago! However, in the past couple of years I have watched A TON of YouTube videos, done some of my own research & gone through a whole lot of trial & error. I've learned just how vital it is to care for my skin, what type of skin I have, as well as what works for me & what doesn't. I'm still learning & will probably never stop because there is so much to learn when it comes to our skin & companies are always advancing in their skin products so that means that I'm always trying them out because I've come to the conclusion that I'm just a sucker for good quality skincare😛
I feel like there's SO much that could be covered when it comes to the topic of skin but I'm excited to share with you my skin type, my skincare regimen & also products that I've enjoyed so much so that I have repurchased them over & over again:) I'll also be talking about a new cleanser that I recently picked up & have been LOVING--the Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil! Though I have to state that you do NOT need these products that I mention to feel great about your skin, this is just what has been working for me & what I have really been looking forward to every time I get to treat my skin to some TLC:) My hope is simply that I can help you ladies out by passing on any tips & information that I've learned about skincare just as they've been passed on to me♥
My Skin Type: Combination
I've considered myself to have combination skin due to the fact that I only get oily in my t-zone(meaning-forehead, nose, a bit on the chin & on the sides of my nose). So with that, I don't use thick heavy moisturizers, I use oils only at night, and I always make sure my skin is hydrated with a moisturizer so I don't feel dry in certain areas & so that I don't produce excess oils(in my t-zone). Many people are under the "combination" skin type so if you're like me then these products are very likely to work well for you too:)
My Skincare Routine: (morning)
1. Cleanse- ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS make sure to cleanse your skin in the morning. While we sleep we produce oils, we lay on our hair & most likely we don't wash our pillow cases everyday so there's bacteria that we're laying our faces on...I know...eiw. Some people think that because we're sleeping we wake up with the clean face we went to sleep with but that couldn't be further from the truth. Be SURE to wash your face in the morning. I have been loving the Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil because it's made with high quality ingredients that gently take off the grime & dirty oils while leaving my skin super soft & clean. It is a cleansing oil, so when I first bought it I was concerned that it would leave my face oily but no! My skin feels so smooth & looks so clean & bright after I use this. I've actually noticed an improvement in the oiliness of my skin since using this cleanser & I believe that is due to what I've learned when you keep oily skin from receiving any moisture, it produces an even greater amount of oil because it's basically making up for the moisture it never received. So since I've been using a cleansing oil, I believe my skin has been controlling the oily areas of my face better! This bottle has lasted me a good month & a half & I use it morning & night. It costs $32 at Sephora, which is a little pricey I know, but if you have skin like me & are looking for a good quality cleanser, this one will be worth it for sure!
2. Moisturize- After I'm done cleansing, I put on a moisturizer. You always need to moisturize your face to keep it hydrated, supple & radiant. If you have oily skin, it helps to control the oils & it helps with anti-aging. I've been using the E.L.F. Daily Hydration Face Moisturizer & am trying to finish it because I'm not a fan of it due to the ingredients. That's a whole other topic but long story short, I didn't pay attention to the ingredients & this one just has some that aren't the best for your skin. Regardless, I use it because I don't want to waste my money & I need to hydrate my face. Lol (if you have a favorite morning moisturizer that you love, please feel free to share it with me in the comment section below:))
3. Eye Cream- After moisturizer, I put on an eye cream. This is important to keep the skin around your eyes from being dry & aids with anti-aging as well. If you have dark circles like I do then you can find an eye cream that also helps with that. The one I use is by Caudalie the Vine[Active] Energizing & Smoothing Eye Cream. I've purchased this twice because I love how I can literally see the improvement it gives to lightening those pesky dark circles. It's also very lightweight so it doesn't feel like I'm drenching my eye area with anything too heavy.
4. Lip Balm- Lastly in the mornings, I put on some Chapstick just to give my lips some hydration as well so they won't feel dry & then I'm good to go!
My Skincare Routine: (night)
1. Makeup Wipes- I start off with a makeup wipe. I always make sure to have make up wipes to wipe away all of the makeup from the day. Either that or baby wipes work just as well:) I love this step because wiping away the first layer of makeup always feels so refreshing. I've also learned that starting off with a cleanser doesn't do much for me because there's always makeup left behind. So I like to start with a makeup wipe and then move on to a micellar water.
2. Micellar Water- I have repurchased the Garnier Micellar Water many times because I love how it attracts every piece of makeup. It cleanses any mascara, including waterproof & does the job gently. It's a great second step to remove whatever makeup is left before actually cleansing the skin.
3. Cleanser- I then use my Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil again♥
4. Mario Badescu Spray- This isn't really a must for me, I've just repurchased this little bottle so many times because it's only $7 at Ulta & smells amazing, as well as leaves my skin with a light mist of hydration right before the oils.
5. Oils- I have loved using argan oil all over my face because of the benefits it has for the skin. It adds hydration which causes the skin to plump up which then causes the the look of fine lines & wrinkles to minimize. I concentrate this right between my eyebrows, where crows feet would be seen & my smile lines especially:)
6. Moisturizer- My nighttime moisturizer is a tad bit thicker than my morning moisturizer. I just enjoy going to sleep with a well hydrated face(obviously lol) & then waking up to a more radiant, supple face in the morning. I have been using the Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins Mineral-Enriched Renewal Cream every single night & I like this cream because it is enriched with vitamins C, E & H so my skin is just soaking those up as I sleep. It also includes chestnut extract which renews the skin & wheat germ which repairs the skin barrier. This cream does carry a light scent due to the essential oils in it & I enjoy that because it helps me wind down & relax while getting ready for bed.
7. Eye Cream-I use my Caudalie Eye Cream once more:)
8. Lip Balm
So there are my morning & evening skincare regimens:) Remember that you do not need these exact products to feel like your skin is healthy! If you'd like to give these a go, please do so & I know you'll enjoy them♥ However, there are so many products & natural remedies out there that can give your skin some good love. I have just never had any luck with natural remedies because my skin is a little sensitive when it comes to that, so these are just a few products that have really been getting the job done for me. So always give things a try, do some research, find what works for your skin and as everyone always says, don't forget to drink your water! It can feel like that is overly stated sometimes but it's so true. The key is to keep your skin hydrated from the inside out so that we continue to feel & look just as beautiful & radiant on the outside as we are on the inside♥
P.S. by clicking on the Josie Maran bottle above the post, you can check out this cleanser on the Sephora website & see if you'd like to give it a go:)